Friday, January 13, 2012

My Angel, my Son, my Doggie, my Rocky baby....

Having a pet is one of those things that you just cannot figure out unless you the lucky parent of one. For most, dogs are either scary or they cant imagine for the life of them why someone would have one. I was once one of those...I was petrified of dogs..till i brought home Rocky baby.

It took me almost a year of convincing my husband that I wanted a dog. When the pet shop guy put 6 puppies in the boot of our car for us to look at, one lil fella squeezed in through the back set and conducted 'business' there and stared oops with his Blue eyes. I knew I wanted him!

Being Stallone fans, we named him Rocky (Rambo is my human Son's pet name) and I could hold him in my forearm, he was all of 35 days.


I can confidently say now that it was like I just had a baby. Rubber sheets, sleepless nights during which we took turns singing to him, his snuggling up in the bed, constant 'bowowow'. Mainly, he would only sleep when we all had. When left alone for a couple of hours, we would return home wondering what he would have done this time. From pooping in any place to picking up packets from the kitchen to biting my brand new shoes - our ritual consisted of sanitizing/cleaning the house every time we got back home while one person held him and played with him! 


Rocky is 4 years old now and I still cry when he falls sick, feel jitters up my spine every time i hear of a pet passing away, pat him after he has dozed off to sleep and call him my baby doll. I remember his first walk, his first pair of shoes ( that he spent so much time trying t get rd of), his first doggie party, his first prize and how he ran to me every time he called out 'baby'. He loves me for what I am and I am not, rushes to my side when i am home and does not judge me.

Shiv and rocky are like two peas in a pod. I am SO proud of Rocky for how he treats Shiv with soo soo soo much kindness and consideration. I wish Shiv does the same for Rocky soon :)

If there is an afterlife, i pray to God that Rocky is my human son - not because he is any less dear to me than Shiv but because I want to be able to give him anything he wants to eat, have him snuggle up against me every night, call me mamma, to be able to take him out and buy him toys and not have people tell me in parks that dogs are not welcome.

I don't know when or how I got myself a son. My angel, my pet, my Rocky baby - Thank You God for being kind to me!!






4 comments:

audi said...

So well written...its really awe-inspiring to watch ppl like u take care of the most wonderful pet in the world...I say this cz I know ppl who treat their pet dogs so horribly...makes me wonder why the hell did they even get him home...I hope these scumbags meet ppl like you and learn how to treat pets!

Jshree :) said...

Thnx Arthi :)

N these ppl who ill-treat dogs will come back as worms..they dont have a soul anyway!!

Its a blessing and an honor to have a pet who loves you unconditionally - who does? An amusing fact is that even our scriptures say ppl with pets/ppl who take care of animals are blessed!

Minu said...

That's lovely. Its rightly said that you wouldn't know what you are missing in your life until you have a pet. I know he is a darling and will be an Angel for others in need too. Posting this on our page, if you permit.

Jshree :) said...

Sure, pls do :)