Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Moments we live by and for....

Ever have an insanely emotional moment - the ones we assume happen only in mushy movies?; Like watching your baby sound asleep, when you shout at your dog and he still curls up on your lap or when your husband is late for work and runs across the hall for a quick peck on your pregnant  tummy?

In the midst of dodging traffic on the way to work, living up to deadlines and wondering what to make for dinner, we make important decisions. Some of these are simple choices that have the potential to make our lives miserable or fulfilling, depending on how we see it.

I have a 2 yr old son and a baby on the way. I work a full time job which means my son has to go to day care and spends a mere 3 hours at home with me. Do I quit so I can spend more time with him and take better care of him or do I work so I can build a secure future for him? Do I go to mom's so I have less to do at this time or do I stay back as long as possible so my husband does not have to be alone? I dont know!

When my mind is battling all this in the background, my son tugs at my feet and says mamma 'carrayuu' (carry me) and hugs me tight when i do. He even obliges a kiss when I ask for it. Its moments like these that we live by. Every time I sit down with Shiv, Rocky sits on my feet, his back resting on my leg so I caress his head. At this point, nothing matters. I dont care how tired I am or how irritating it is to divide your attention evenly between your dog and your son without hurting either.

There are a million such moments everyday! We are just too tired or stressed out to see them, cliched but true. It pays nothing to feel sorry for yourself or to live in denial. Take a walk, love your family and make evry small kiss, hug and smile count - these are blessings taht only lucky people come by to appreciate.

Am gonna go kiss my sleeping son now, maybe hubby will follow! :D



No comments: