Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Being a pregnant mommy & freaking out!

One of the most heart warming scenes I have witnessed is that of my son talking to my unborn child a.k.a my tummy. Again, it brings back to mind the marvels of being a child, the beautiful mind that is of a child - a mind that knows no ego no hatred and does not ever have to get even. It only makes things happen for itself and swims in the glory of the love around it.

Shiv (my sonny) hurt his eyes when i poked it by mistake. A simple stupid mistake on my part resulted in him crying for 3 hours straight and a visit to the doctor. The painful outcome for him (even more than the sore eye) was the eye drops prescribed to him. For me it was every time he cried in pain!

I was putting him down for his afternoon nap when he did the sweetest most magical thing. He lifted my tee and while staring at my tummy he said 'baby didi hurt came off for Rambo' and pointed at his sore eye; followed by crying - him and me both! After a while, once the pain n subsided he says 'pain GOOOONE , baby didi pusssh pain in balcony put it in timeout'. Its hard to put in words what i felt at that time!

My mom says the way Shiv talks to his toys he makes them come alive. Its true how a child puts life into everything it touches. A teddy has a name, a car has a color, a doll has a hairstyle and its favorite dress and a bus has its own song.  In Shiv's language, every time I am around my son, 'magic happens'. I pray to God this magic never ceases and I don't ever have to come out of this bubble called mommyhood!


No comments: